Here at Happy Buddha, we offer courses and retreats in the clinically proven Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programme. Research shows some of the benefits of regular mindfulness include:
- emotional and psychological well-being
- reduction of anxiety
- better able to manage in difficult situations
- lowering blood pressure
- better health and vitality
We run our courses and retreats for:
- The General Public
- NHS and Healthcare
Happy Buddha is a part of the Mindfulness CIC network. A CIC is a Community Interest Company. This means we’re not out to make a profit. Instead the profits are reinvested in mindfulness based initiatives and projects that will further benefit the community.
Our courses are normally run over eight sessions of around 2 hours per session but they can be adapted to suit the needs of the organisation. We are based in Leicestershire, but also run mindfulness courses in Nottingham, the Midlands and Nationwide.
Our aim is twofold:
- To show our clients how through mindfulness they can work to reduce stress, pain and illness; and increase their emotional and psychological well-being
- To train teachers to teach mindfulness and compassion meditation in their own professions